People of Yes! (POY) is a new missions initiative that helps people everywhere to say “Yes!” to completing the Great Commission. We are activists, enablers, and consultants, who love
to invest in others, equipping them to expand radically the Kingdom of God, worldwide. We are coaches who work especially closely with those who are involved in church planting
and similar roles that facilitate the multiplication of disciples, leaders, churches, and the next generation of coaches.
In the process of aligning coaches with those who asked POY! for help, we discovered that many are desperately seeking encouragement and prayer. Church Planters want others to “bind” in agreement with them, and trust the Lord to see their project through to completion. We care calling these groups that are “binding” in prayer – Covenant Groups.
Matthew 18:18-20 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
A Covenant Group is a small gathering of people who “bind” in agreement that they will trust the Lord and see a task through. Each POY! Covenant Group will focus on a task related to
Church Planting Movements. The main focus of each gathering is prayer; with the group supporting and cheering on the leader who is fostering a movement.
A POY Catalyst:
- Facilitates the group; lets the local worker lead the group.
- In addition to the local worker, we often have 1-2 more in the group
- Help the worker focus on one multiplication task to have God bind and see through
- Ask God to bind the agreement, also to bind opposing powers of darkness
- Pledge to see the project through
- Gather for prayer and mutual support, not primarily for coaching
- Meet preferably, if not in person, on ooVoo or Skype, as often as needed, especially in the beginning
The worker in the field:
- Focuses on one (1) main point to share and ask for agreement on, for God to bind
- Lead the Covenant Group sessions, by sharing prayer needs and current developments
- Ask others to participate in the Covenant Group (no more than four)
- Pledge to be transparently honest about mistakes, sins and setbacks
- Repeat the same covenanting with others (become a reproductive Catalyst for others)
These groups are proving to be attractive to mission sending agencies, since they focus ‘real time’ personal prayer on the task (Kingdom expansion and multiplication) and provide
caring accountability that encourages sticking to the task over time. We can talk in more detail about how this might play out in your context.
For more information, please contact us: