Prayerfully follow these New Testament guidelines to start a church or cell group. God consistently uses this simple, biblical pattern to multiply home churches and cell groups.
- Let a new believer with leader potential gather family and pals for a party to celebrate meeting Jesus, like Levi, Zacheus, Cornelius and the Philippian jailer did.
- Guide the new leader from behind the scenes. The group can then easily become a home church or satellite cell (tiny church within a larger one).
- Agree with at least one coworker before God to carry out the project, as Jesus requires in Matthew 18:18-20; don't try to take it on alone.
- Use the New Leader's Duties Checklist to begin mentoring new leaders as they gather friends to meet Jesus. Download the simple checklist:
- If you lack experience in mentoring new leaders the way Jesus and His apostles did, then review these guidelines:
- For help to begin, email or call experienced mentor George Patterson (no fee) :