Check the box by these persons that God gives to do vital ministries (Eph. 4:11-16), when your church or organization is activating all of them.
Apostles (“sent ones”)
- Go to neglected people, are visionaries and effective planners.
- Keep churches or cell groups multiplying.
- Speak to people to build up, exhort and console (1 Cor. 14:3).
- Help the body to balance action with doctrinal instruction.
- Introduce people to the living Christ, and heal in Jesus’ name.
- Help new believers witness to friends and relatives.
- Keep the gospel spreading through social networks.
- Start new churches and cell groups.
- Watch over flocks small enough to give attention and care to every member.
- Mentor newer leaders.
- Train new disciples to obey Jesus’ commands.
- Help believers practice the New Testament “one-another” commands.
- Explain and apply God’s Word.
- Equip believers to use God-given spiritual gifts actively in different ministries.
- Help believers to discuss and practice God’s Word.
Popular teaching often stifles church multiplication and spiritual health, because believers become passive hearers and neglect using their God-given gifts to do the other vital ministries.
- Serve the needy.
- Integrate ministries of compassion with the other vital ministries of the body.