Based on Genesis chapters 1- 2
Â POY! SKIT GUIDELINES:
- In a small group, participants might simply read their lines, or glance at their lines to get the idea so they can speak in their own words.
- Most POY! skits require no practice in advance.
- Have any small children play a brief part. Most scripts have an optional part for children, listed last under Participants.
- Most scripts have a Narrator who should read the script beforehand to see how to keep moving the story along.
- It is not necessary to employ costumes and objects, unless the skit recommends such.
- It is not required to have an audience watch the skit. All present may participate.
- Scripture and paraphrases, if any, usually appear in bold.
Â Angel (Also serves as Narrator)
Voice (of God)
Animals (small children)
|AngelÂ||We angels watch, as mankindâ€™s history begins to unfold.
In the beginning God creates the heavens and the earth.
Hear Godâ€™s voice on the first creation day.
|Voice||Let there be light|
|AngelÂ||And there is light. Hear Godâ€™s voice on the 2nd creation day. There are no men to hear it, but we angels do!|
|VoiceÂ||Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters. I call it â€œheavensâ€.|
|AngelÂ||Now, hear Godâ€™s voice on the 3rd creation day.|
Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit after their kind.
|AngelÂ||Now, hear Godâ€™s voice on the 4th creation day.|
|VoiceÂ||Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for, seasons, days and years.Â|
|AngelÂ||Now hear Godâ€™s voice on the 5th creation day.|
|VoiceÂ||Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth.|
God creates every living creature that moves, and God sees that it is good.
|VoiceÂ||Let Us make humans in Our image, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the cattle and all the earth.|
|AdamÂ||God told me, Adam, the first man, to name the animals, and to name Eve, my wife.|
(Children walk and make sounds like an animal does, and let adults name the animals:
What good things did God create that could not have come about by accident through blind chance?
[Good answers: beauty and symmetry in nature, love and other godly qualities, complex life forms, etc.]
Can an intelligent animal sin, and if not, why not?
[Good answer: God put His image into men, making them accountable, and able to enjoy a relationship with Him.]
In what way did Godâ€™s work of creation not end with Adam and Eve?
[Good answers: Most miraculous answers to prayer are acts of creation. Also, whenever sinners are â€œborn againâ€ they become part of the new, eternal creation that will not pass away. Revelation reveals that the current earth will be destroyed and a new, eternal earth will be created. When Jesus rose from the dead, He was the â€œfirst fruitsâ€ of a new race of men, belonging to the new creation.]