How to Use this Manual
Use this manual as a menu. Choose subjects not in the order given, but when a church or a worker needs them. When workers have laid a plan to start or improve an activity, write the planning date where it says, â€œPlanned (date)â€. When an activity is being carried out, add a check or tick mark where it says â€œPractice Confirmed.â€
Part I: PREPARE TO REACH THE NATIONS
- Acknowledge Jesusâ€™ authority to do missionary work.
- Pray for missionaries and for people groups who do not know Jesus.
- Ask God to help us share His vision for missionary work.
- Learn about neglected people groups and choose one.
- Organize to send missionaries.
- Identify, prepare and send those who have Godâ€™s gifting for it.
- Form, or cooperate with, an organization that is competent in cross-cultural work and that focuses on your field.
- Support and care for the missionaries.
Part II: PREPARE TO SERVE IN OTHER CULTURES
- Evangelize people through their family head.
- Worship God in small groups.
- Disciple the new Christians, teaching them to obey Jesus.
- Train leaders through personal discipling.
- Know the gifts and limitations of each team member.
- Seek workers from a culture similar to that of the field that you plan to reach.
- Let bi-vocational workers serve in restricted fields.
Part III: LOVINGLY ACCEPT ANOTHER PEOPLE AND CULTURE
- Show loving respect for the people and their culture.
- Use methods and equipment that fit the culture.
- Learn the language well.
Part IV: PEOPLE RESPOND TO THE GOOD NEWS
- Seek people who respond to Christ.
- Deal with whole families and communities.
- Evangelize in a way that new believers can imitate.
- Confirm faith with baptism.
- Deal wisely with Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists and other religions.
Part V: NEW DISCIPLES OBEY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
- Obey Jesusâ€™ commands above all else.
- Organize the church as a body united in love.
Part VI: LEADERS RECEIVE TRAINING WHILE THEIR CHURCHES GROW AND MULTIPLY
- Develop the ministries that the New Testament requires.
- Prepare mature men as pastors and leaders.
- Plant daughter and granddaughter churches.
APPENDIX: â€œHow to Learn Another Languageâ€…read more.