The readings come from all parts of the Bible and depict activities that God requires of believers.
Choose readings from the level of those you teach.
Readings are listed in three sections: Beginners, The Growing, and The Mature.
To enhance participation, study a reading by yourself first, and then lead discussion when you meet as a small group or family.
Tell folks what to listen for, before reading or telling a Bible story.
In the studies below, see the word Find above Scripture references. Find indicates something to listen for. Example: Before reading Solomon’s moving prayer in 2 Chronicles 1:16-12, ask folks to find examples of things that a leader of God’s people should ask in prayer, and folks will then listen more attentively.
After reading a Scripture or telling a Bible story, ask questions such as…
- What vital truths did you find?
- What did you learn about God?
- What does God want us to do about it?
- What was hard to understand?
Include the whole family.
[Kids] in brackets before a Scripture reference indicates a story for both children and adults. Some stories are repeated, from two or more Gospels. Children need repetition.
Select readings that fit needs or interests of your group or family.
Use this list of readings as a menu. Do not try to read every passage listed under each item.
1. Seek God’s Will and Plan Accordingly
2. Triumph Through Prayer
3. Tell Others About Jesus
4. Be Baptized and Added to Jesus’ Church
5. Pray for the Sick and Demon Oppressed
6. Make it Easy to Tell Others About Jesus
7. Learn to Live the Christian Life Victoriously, by Faith
8. Love God and our Neighbor in a Practical Way
9. Read and Apply the Bible to our Lives
10. Get Along with our Brothers in Christ and Worship Together
11. Celebrate Family Devotions
12. Organize the Church
13. Develop loving Fellowship in the Family of God
14. Visit and Encourage our Brothers in Christ
15. Develop Generous Stewardship
16. Prepare to Serve Christ
17. Mobilize New Pastoral Trainers
18. Train Those who Have the Apostolic (Missionary) Gift
19. Develop Prayer in the Church
20. Take the Good News to New Places and People
21. Strengthen the Church and Plant Churches
22. Make Disciples
23. Apply Basic Doctrines to our Lives
24. Face False Teaching and Wrong Church Practices
25. Face Opposition and Persecution
26. Mobilize the Congregation for Discipling and Serving
27. Gather for Public Worship and Special Celebrations
28. Appreciate God’s Presence with us
29. Shepherd the People of God
30. Plan Well our Time Schedules
31. Have Orderly Meetings for Church Business.
32. Have Activities for Fellowship and Fun
33. Resolve Disputes and Divisions
34. Strengthen Family Life
35. Strengthen each Other’s Love
36. Apply Biblical Discipline to the Congregation
37. Give Member Care to those who have Personal or Family Problems
38. Train Care Givers at a Basic Level
39. Encourage and Pray for the Sick
40. Bring Freedom to any who are Oppressed by Demons
41. Help the Needy
42. Support Pastors and Christian Workers
43. Develop the Gifts and Ministries of the Believers
44. Use Teamwork in Ministry to Edify Others
45. Evangelize and Teach Children
46. Young People Serve and Make Disciples
47. Fulfill Christian Social Duties
48. Select and Train New Pastoral Level Students
49. Mobilize Pastoral Students as Pastoral Trainers
50. Teach the Missionary Task, Focus on the World
51. Train Missionaries
52. Pray with more Power
53. Disciple People in New Areas and Cultures
54. Coordinate the Multiplication of Churches
55. Keep Multiplying House Churches or Cell Groups
56. Strengthen Bible Study and Application
57. Organize United Celebrations Between Churches
58. Strengthen the Ministry of Music
59. Improve the Preaching
60. Establish Discipling Networks among Leaders
61. Develop Fellowship Between Churches
62. Strengthen Fellowship Between New and Old Believers
63. Develop Member Care for those with Personal or Family Problems
64. Develop Fellowship Between Churches
65. Cultivate Fellowship Between Older AND Newer Brothers
66. Help Those with Very Difficult Problems
67. Evaluate, Reorganize AND Extend Existing Ministries
68. Form Discipling Chains to Train Leaders over a Wide Area
69. Strengthen Pastors and Elders of All the Churches
70. Send Missionaries …Read all.