Based on Genesis chapters 1- 2
POY! SKIT GUIDELINES:
- In a small group, participants might simply read their lines, or glance at their lines to get the idea so they can speak in their own words.
- Most POY! skits require no practice in advance.
- Have any small children play a brief part. Most scripts have an optional part for children, listed last under Participants.
- Most scripts have a Narrator who should read the script beforehand to see how to keep moving the story along.
- It is not necessary to employ costumes and objects, unless the skit recommends such.
- It is not required to have an audience watch the skit. All present may participate.
- Scripture and paraphrases, if any, usually appear in bold.
Angel (Also serves as Narrator)
Voice (of God)
Animals (small children)
|Angel||We angels watch, as mankind’s history begins to unfold.
In the beginning God creates the heavens and the earth.
Hear God’s voice on the first creation day.
|Voice||Let there be light|
|Angel||And there is light. Hear God’s voice on the 2nd creation day. There are no men to hear it, but we angels do!|
|Voice||Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters. I call it “heavens”.|
|Angel||Now, hear God’s voice on the 3rd creation day.|
Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit after their kind.
|Angel||Now, hear God’s voice on the 4th creation day.|
|Voice||Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for, seasons, days and years.|
|Angel||Now hear God’s voice on the 5th creation day.|
|Voice||Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth.|
God creates every living creature that moves, and God sees that it is good.
|Voice||Let Us make humans in Our image, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the cattle and all the earth.|
|Adam||God told me, Adam, the first man, to name the animals, and to name Eve, my wife.|
(Children walk and make sounds like an animal does, and let adults name the animals:
What good things did God create that could not have come about by accident through blind chance?
[Good answers: beauty and symmetry in nature, love and other godly qualities, complex life forms, etc.]
Can an intelligent animal sin, and if not, why not?
[Good answer: God put His image into men, making them accountable, and able to enjoy a relationship with Him.]
In what way did God’s work of creation not end with Adam and Eve?
[Good answers: Most miraculous answers to prayer are acts of creation. Also, whenever sinners are “born again” they become part of the new, eternal creation that will not pass away. Revelation reveals that the current earth will be destroyed and a new, eternal earth will be created. When Jesus rose from the dead, He was the “first fruits” of a new race of men, belonging to the new creation.]